The Source for Parents


RSS PRINTER FRIENDLY
Friend Me on Facebook Get in My Head Watch Me
Helping Parents Build Relationships and Teach Biblical Values
Weekly Parenting RSS Feed
My Top 5 Ways to Connect with Today’s Young People…
Who Can’t Pry Their Eyes from Their Mobile Devices!
by Jonathan McKee
9/20/2016

“Will you put that stupid phone away!”

An all too common complaint in American homes today. But does whining about it do any good?

The problem is undeniable. Common Sense Media actually took a survey asking both teens and parents if young people spend too much time on their devices. 66% of parents feel their teens spend too much time on their mobile devices, and 52% of teens actually agree! (Perhaps the other 48% of teens never looked up from their phones.)

JONATHAN'S BLOG: Are Any of These Cities Near You?
This month I fly to 5 different U.S. states to teach parent workshops… and I’m hoping that I’m coming near you! (and if not… let’s start a dialogue about bringing me out to your city)

ARVADA, CO
It all starts this weekend when I fly to Colorado to record a radio interview about my new book on Jim Daly’s show on FOCUS ON FAMILY, and while I’m there I’m teaching a FREE parenting workshop just outside of Denver. The workshop is Sunday night, October 2nd, from 6:00 to 8:00 at Peace Lutheran. This will be my brand new workshop: Connect with Your Smartphone Obsessed Kids. It’s free, so join us, and bring some other parents with you!

WICHITA FALLS, TX
The following weekend I fly to Wichita Falls, TX where I preach in the morning services at Edgemere Church of Christ on Sunday, October 9th, then teach my FREE Parenting the Smartphone Generation workshop that night from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Join us, and bring some other parents with you!

PERRYSBURG, OH
On Sunday, October 16th I preach at the morning services of Grace Church in Perrysburg OH then teach my FREE Parenting the Smartphone Generation workshop that night from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. Join us, and bring some other parents with you!

LANCASTER, PA
On Sunday, October 23rd I preach at the morning services of Victory Church Greenfield Campus in Lancaster, PA then teach my FREE Parenting the Smartphone Generation workshop that night from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Join us, and bring some other parents with you!

BILLINGS, MT
On Sunday, October 30th I preach at the morning services of Emmanuel Baptist Church in Billings, MT then teach my FREE Parenting the Smartphone Generation workshop that night from 5:30 to 7:30 PM. Join us, and bring some other parents with you!

I’ve still got one 2016 weekend open, and I’m starting to fill up early 2017. Feel free to reach out to me about speaking, training your leaders or teaching a parent workshop in your city!
I WANT TO READ MORE
OFFSITE ARTICLES JONATHAN HAS READ THIS WEEK:
The best two activities HELICOPTER PARENTS can do
Posted on September 9/26/2016, 2016 at 01:45 AM
Unlocking the Millennial Mindset- a new Nielson Report
Posted on September 9/23/2016, 2016 at 10:19 AM
Why people like Starbucks more than your church
Posted on September 9/9/2016, 2016 at 12:23 PM
Most sought after backpacks and shoes for back to school shoppers
Posted on September 9/8/2016, 2016 at 05:02 PM
YouTube is officially the top-ranked brand among children
Posted on September 9/8/2016, 2016 at 04:57 PM
While looking forward to Season 7
Well… it’s summertime and The Walking Dead is waaaaaaaaaaay too far off to even begin anticipating Season 7. The only interesting news is when AMC threatens to sue someone for making a prediction about Negan’s kill (yeah… seriously!) So what
CLICK HERE FOR MORE

  • 52 WAYS TO CONNECT WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE OBSESSED KID
  • More Than Just The Talk
  • SEX MATTERS
  • Get Your Teenagers Talking
  • Candid Confessions of an Imperfect Parent
  • Should I Smash My Kids Phone
  • Zombie Survival Guide
 
The Fate of Teen Drinkers
How Early Exposure to Alcohol Shapes Young People
David R. Smith

When the University of Houston’s Dr. Dipali Rinker released the findings from her research on college students and their consumption of alcohol, it forced her to coin a new term: drunkorexia.

I wish the word was describing an inebriated T-rex… but it's...
© 1999-2014 The Source for Youth Ministries           Site Disclaimer